How Do I…Raise My Children?
Daniel Grothe | July 18, 2021
“Train up a child…”
- The temptation is to think that training is done primarily by Telling. But Telling will never hold a candle to Showing.
1 Corinthians 11:1
“Follow me as I follow Christ…”
- Our kids will listen to what we say, but they will most often mimic what they see.
- There’s a shelf-life on the style of parenting that primarily leads from a position of authority.
- If you are primarily leading from your position of authority, what will you lean on when you are no longer in a position of authority?
- Parenting from a place of heart connection is parenting that will span the decades.
- So much of parenting is getting your children in the right environments.
- Ex…Dad, can we go to the Prayer Meeting? J
- Parenting is not just about helping kids become more like Jesus. Parenting is about helping parents become more like Jesus.
- The task is not to teach children how to do it right all the time; the task is to show them what to do when you do it wrong.
14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything. 17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father…