Everyday Prophets | March 14, 2021
Zechariah 3:3-5 NIV
3 Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. 4 The angel said to those who were standing before him, “Take off his filthy clothes.” Then he said to Joshua, “See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you.” 5 Then I said, “Put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the Lord stood by.
Luke 15:22-24 NIV
22 But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.
- Movement #1 - We’re worth more than we think.
- Robe – We can come home barren.
- Ring – We can come home broke.
- Sandals – We can come home bruised.
Zechariah 4:6 NIV
6 So he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.
- Not by might or power …
- We cannot manufacture outcomes.
- We cannot manipulate outcomes.
- But by my Spirit.
- We have to trust the Holy Spirit for outcomes.
- Many of us are trying to manipulate God to get more from Him, instead of just trusting Him with our worship.
Acts 1:4-5 NIV
4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
- Movement #2 - Waiting takes faith and God always responds to our faith.
Zechariah 7:8-10 NIV
8 And the word of the Lord came again to Zechariah: 9 “This is what the Lord Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. 10 Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the foreigner or the poor. Do not plot evil against each other.’
- Movement #3 - Every generation has the opportunity to be a witness.
- Will we be this kind of people?
- These are the people God blesses!
- God’s reminding us of our worth, our waiting and our witness.