How do I…trust God?
Daniel Grothe | July 11, 2021
“Trust in the Lord with all of your heart…”
- Human beings are faith-ing
The World Offers Three Cheap Substitutes for the Life of Faith:
The wealth of the rich is their fortified city; they imagine it an unscalable wall.
- Jim Carrey—I wish everyone could get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it’s not the answer.
- “Inside every cynical person is a disappointed idealist.”
- “…the just shall live by faith.” (Habakkuk 2:4, Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11, Hebrews 10:38)
So, why do we live by faith?
- We live by faith because we have to.
"No one has seen God at any time…”
- We live by faith because it’s good for us.
- The Bible is full of stories about people who started off weak and became strong.
- The Life of Faith is the crucible that burns out the impurities and reveals the Image of God in us!
- We live by faith because God raised Jesus from the dead.
“Resurrection means that the worst thing (death) is never the last thing…The worst isn’t the last thing about the world. It’s the next-to-the-last thing. The last thing is the best. It’s the power from on high that comes down into the world, that wells up from the rock-bottom worst of the world like a hidden spring. Can you believe it? The last, best thing is the laughing deep in the hearts of the saints, sometimes our hearts even. Yes. You are terribly loved and forgiven. Yes. You are healed. All is well.”
- Frederick Buechner
- “Trust in the LORD (Yahweh
- “…with all of your heart…”
- “…and he will direct your path…”